Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Moths & Fauxhawks

"Well, hi there, little moth! I'm sorry to disturb you- I wasn't expecting to find you here on this anenome leaf."

"Hey... what's up."

"Just doing a little weeding. Oh- look what you've got there! A little fauxhawk! That's quite a cute little spikey 'do!"


"Thanks, I guess. It's not really supposed to be cute."

"Oh, of course. I didn't mean to imply-- wait, is that turquoise I see in there? It IS! You've gone and dyed your hair with bright blue and orange stripes, too! Look at you, little non-conformist. Way to stick it to the man."


"I'm not trying to stick it to the man. I'm just trying to express myself. Lunas and those obnoxious butterflies get all the attention because they're big and colorful. Show-offs. 'Ooooo, look at him! He's big and green!! And here's another boring tan one.' I'm sick of being judged by my looks. Sure, some lepidopterans have bright colors, or some have a different hairstyle, or big antennae... But because they think I look 'boring', I can't find a job, and I can't pay my rent, and I got a wife and kids........they shut off my electricity.........I'm a moth... I need bright lights........"

"Wow, would you look at the time! I need to go back inside and........ um...."


"It's cool, man. Before you go, though, could you point me in the direction of the nearest Hot Topic store? I still need to update my 'look' a little. I'ma hit up a Starbucks on the way, too."

"Sure, dude."


No comments:

Post a Comment